Thread: Any Owners near Houston?

Redfish

Default Any Owners near Houston?

Well I made it back to Texas and won't need the bigger boat for Florida east coast inlet & near shore work and want something for the Texas marshes.

We are hoping to jump into the ECC family with a Gladesmen and want to spend some time on one before pulling the trigger. Does anyone around Houston own a Gladesmen?

Mullet

Default Re: Any Owners near Houston?

Gramps, as the name suggests I'm up in Dallas. I went with the Caimen and it was delivered mid-August. I ran it in Port O'Connor the first week of September with weather systems coming in and out of the area and it performed flawlessly (aside from a couple of operator errors). I poled it on my personal favorite flat there that has a vast marsh grass area and stayed in there to avoid the wind and rougher water. This area is so shallow that any redfish even close to the slot swims with it's dorsal out of the water and the hull never touched the bottom. To say the Caimen killed it is an understatement. The Gladesmen is a sweet micro-skiff and they can be fun. I would suggest a look at the Caimen though. More storage, very dry ride over open water to and from the protected flats mixed with an increadibly shallow draft and very easy to pole.

Redfish

Thanks Stuck! I was at the shop this weekend to have a closer look at the boats. After looking and talking, the wife and I are leaning towards the Caimen as well, but with a different layout. Next time you get down to the coast, let me know, I'd love a chance to see the boat.Thanks Kev for the tour, sorry for being quiet, I was just getting over some food poisoning!
    Last edited by Gramps; Oct-12-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Format

Hey Stuck, where abouts are you in Dallas. I'm in Garland. I run a Lostman Scooter. We ought to hook up sometime and make a run to POC. That's my fav haunt.
    Tim BooneKevin's 2013 Lostman Scooter hull #2Etec 60, iPilot, Stealth1, 23' CM PP, HDS9, JLsoundI LOVE East Cape Skiffs & Crew!!!

Better late than never ... I run a VHP and live in Houston. I keep the boat and launch near Bastrop Bayou. If you need to wet test, let me know. We've got big water and skinny mud options to play with in there ...

Mullet

Hey guys, I'm up here in the DFW area and looking to get into a Lostmen. Would really like to check one out up close.
    Last edited by skiffncamo; Jun-13-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiffncamo View Post
    Hey guys, I'm up here in the DFW area and looking to get into a Lostmen. Would really like to check one out up close.
    Mine is located in east Dallas. Your welcome to come looking anytime. Let me know when your ready. You can text or call me at 214-7292587
    Tim BooneKevin's 2013 Lostman Scooter hull #2Etec 60, iPilot, Stealth1, 23' CM PP, HDS9, JLsoundI LOVE East Cape Skiffs & Crew!!!

Mullet

Much thanks i appreciate it. I will text you this evening.

Mullet

Skiffncamo, just moved into north Dallas. I run a Lostman with a 60 etec. Let me know if you haven't checked one out yet be happy to connect with you.