Thread: Need trailer help ASAP

Mullet

Default Need trailer help ASAP

Okay I decided to replace the hubs as the grease seal on one side was leaking. I got the hub off but quickly realized that they are Dexter hubs and spindles and evidently have a different nut set up that the castle nut & cotter pin I'm used to. I bought some Tie Down Vortex hubs as spares but I can't lock down the nut as it was damaged whie attempting to remove the old which had gotten some saltwater inside. So does anyone know if the retaining system from the Dexter will work on the Tie Down hubs and what the retaining spring/ clamp thing Dexter uses is called?

I think I got it on enough to at least get it back into the garage.

Default Re: Need trailer help ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by SnookingFury View Post
    Okay I decided to replace the hubs as the grease seal on one side was leaking. I got the hub off but quickly realized that they are Dexter hubs and spindles and evidently have a different nut set up that the castle nut & cotter pin I'm used to. I bought some Tie Down Vortex hubs as spares but I can't lock down the nut as it was damaged whie attempting to remove the old which had gotten some saltwater inside. So does anyone know if the retaining system from the Dexter will work on the Tie Down hubs and what the retaining spring/ clamp thing Dexter uses is called?

I think I got it on enough to at least get it back into the garage.
    You got me on that one. I would try to call ramlin they are usually very helpful with info on their trailers. Or email [email protected] and ask him