Thread: Push Pole Restore

Default Push Pole Restore

I have an old (15+ yrs old) Loomis Graphite push pole that I plan to use in the Caimen. It has been sentanced to a life in the garage rafters for the last few years and is very dull in color and rough to touch.

Any tips on cleaning it up and make new again??

Thanks!

Redfish

Default Re: Push Pole Restore

1. Sand it with 100-220 sandpaper and coat with West System 105 Resin with 207 (speciality catalyst for SOME UV protection) epoxy
    OR
    2. Sand and paint with Awlgrip marine paint (for a color other than clear)OR
    3. Just sand it and forget about it. Remember glossy reflects and I swear fish can see a shine.

I have an old carbon fiber 20 footer I am about to sand and re-coat with West Systems (available in small quanities at West Marine: not related) for my Caimen.

PS. I just noticed you live in St Pete. Here is an offer for option 1. Bring your pole to me (4712 N. Clark Ave, Tampa, FL basically Drew Park, 2 blocks behind the Mercedes dealership on Dale Mabry) and I will recoat it for you. Cost: $10. All I want is for you to tell other people about my work. I have gallons of the stuff your would need to use to refinish it. I would like to do it for the chance to win another advocate. Call me to discuss: 813.928.9887.

Joe
    Carbon Marine
    Last edited by Carbon_Marine_Joe; Jun-04-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: addition notes

For $10 you have a deal...

Carbon Marine: I am one your biggest advocates as I have one your first Tillers for my noe and I love it! I love it so much that I want to have it updated for my Caimen honda or yamaha when she's here. I haven't decided what to push her with yet. I will give you a call in the next week or so.

How's the staffing business treating you these days?

Thanks Joe!

Redfish

Quote Originally Posted by EzE View Post
    For $10 you have a deal...

Carbon Marine: I am one your biggest advocates as I have one your first Tillers for my noe and I love it! I love it so much that I want to have it updated for my Caimen honda or yamaha when she's here. I haven't decided what to push her with yet. I will give you a call in the next week or so.

How's the staffing business treating you these days?

Thanks Joe!
    Erik,

I knew it was you. How is "The Force"? I am out of the biz. Just got tired of the resume fraud and losers. Tough biz. After 10 years I just got burnt. I like it, but I like carbon fiber accessories more---MUCH MORE. I make carbon parts 100% full-time now and love it. Call me. I get my Caimen Thursday PM. I will give you a ride on a 50HP tiller carb next week if you wish. Thanks Erik. Bring over your pole, I will take care of it for you.

Joe
    Carbon Marine

The force is going strong. I have been in for 4 years and I am getting burnt. Between the H1 vendors and lazy co-workers its enough to drive you nuts. I am working 100% from home now with the exception of some training/meetings so that makes the job less stressful. I definitely need a break and I am definitely looking forward to delivery of the Caimen for R&R.

I would love a ride! Maybe one evening we can hit HowardFrank for poons. Talk to you next week sometime.

Erik