Thread: New to ECC and want to learn it all

Mullet

Default New to ECC and want to learn it all

Hey guys whats up my name is Brooks and im looking into getting a lostman! But more importantly im only 20 and my passion is fishing, one day my dream is to become a guide. What should i do What are some of the first steps i need to take to become a great fishing guide? I want to learn anything and everything about inshore "flats" fishing!!! fly, artificial, and live methods haha if it catches fish or makes the fishing more fun i want to know. Thanks hope you can help me out.

Default Re: New to ECC and want to learn it all

Holy groundhog day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Groundhog Day! I here ya man! Great movie. Is this a test or something?

Mullet

This is no joke I'm dead serious! Thought i could get some help from the guys??

Brooks - I was responding to Brain's post. I think it is great that you are interested in doing this. I have had my Lostmen for about 4 months and I am loving it. Best decision I have ever made in purchasing a boat! Good luck with this.

Hi Brooks,

You've chosen the right boat, now you just need to get the experience. Go by the shop and meet the guys; I'm sure that they will be glad to offer a few suggestions. I would also suggets that you spend as much time as possible on the water, improving your fishing skills and taking friends and using them to help you develop your skills.

Additionally, you should seek a mentor. I've never been a guide but I have had the good fortune to fish with some great guides, including a couple that are very near you - Nate & Brian - both of whom have Lostmens, fish the IRL and are on this forum. If possible, fish with them but at the very least, get to know them and you will have a chance to learn from two of the best.

Good luck.

Cunningham

what's up brooks....glad to hear your love of the sport. If that's really your passion you should go at it with all you have. From knowing a few guides personally i want to tell you there is a LOT of competition out there. I don't mean knowing where to fish how to fish...i mean with the economy and the number of guides, it's a hard way to make money these days. Being only 20 i want to encourage you to finish school and get a good degree...that way you can always have something to fall back on if the fishing career doesn't work...not knocking you brother just trying to help out. I was your age not too long ago....if you ever need a seat to go fishing out of a lostman hit me up...unfortunately i just took a job in indiana but i come back home every few weeks. take care bro