Thread: push pole

spotntail

Default push pole

I know this is not a report but I lost my stiffy hybrid push pole on sat march 13th crossing the lagoon from preacher island to the beacon 42 ramp I took some nasty swells so i was not sure exactly where it came off at.If anyone knows of a 21' stiffy hybrid forsale please let me know thanks
    Capt Patrick Rood.
    www.spotntailcharters.com

Mullet

Default Re: push pole

If you're wondering if someone picked it up to sell it online, the link above, the guy's from Jacksonville, nice guy, bought a trolling motor from him, I doubt that it is your push pole but you could ask him plainly.

I'll keep my ears open if I hear anybody selling one in our area, that sucks, but on a positive note, check out the NEW Carbon Marine Loop push poles, you might like it better than a Stiffy Hybrid.
    Eddie
    East Central Florida
    Inshore 16 & kayak fishing

spotntail

I appreciate the info I know it's not mine I just lost it yesterday just figured I would put the word out in case someone sees a stiffy hybrid floating past them in the middle of the lagoon. I was thinking about the carbon marine but I have never used one and I hear they are a 3 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by spotntail View Post
    I was thinking about the carbon marine but I have never used one and I hear they are a 3 piece.
    Don't knock it until you try it. I own the Carbon Marine pole and have also used a Stiffy Hybrid; despite one being single piece and the other being multi-piece, I think the Carbon Marine is at least equal to the Hybrid. Plus, it does not try to float while you are planting it on the bottom.

Put some azzz into it when pushing that pole down!
    Shut up and Fish!

Patrick, Joe at Carbon marine just came out with a pole specifically designed to compete with the stiffy hybrid and the graphite version (light)... it's ribbed (not for pleasure but grip :-)) and it's got grain opposing each other from either end which is unique in push poles, they float, are very light and he's got a unique foot design that pulls easily out of muck, less drag when trying to chase fish down and plants properly on sand without having to turn on its side... they are about 4-500 bucks cheaper than a stiffy too.

I have a cm pole now, the basic version and am getting the new Loop model since it's just as light, very stiff compared to mine and ribbed plus they are quality stuff, don't worry about 1 piece, you can't tell it's multi-sectional.

EDIT: it has a warranty too, I think lifetime, but Joe can explain it to you, can't beat that with a stick (pun intended).

http://www.carbonmarine.com/pushpillar.html

Last edited by edlive96; Mar-15-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    Eddie
    East Central Florida

I just ordered one so if you want to try it, give me a holler and I can meet up with you at the lagoon, should hopefully have it tomorrow or Wed at the earliest.
    Eddie
    East Central Florida

Redfish

I haven't used the carbon marine push pole, i felt one and it super light, i have one of his tillers and it's great i know when i break or loose my stiffy graphite the loop will replace it. Joe also is very friendly to deal with http://www.carbonmarine.com/products.html

Mullet

I also own one of the new Loop push poles from Carbon Marine and it's all that you hear and more. It's deff a great buy.

The new Loop looks pretty nice if you pole often. A nearly 4' longer length is lighter than the Mangrove I have, LOL.

spotntail

Fellas I appreciate all the great info I was sold at ribbed! LOL. I spoke with Joe today and ordered the 21' loop annd will pick it up tomorrow at ECC shop.I've always used stiffy but if joe builds his push poles anything like his platforms I can't go wrong.
    Thanks again guys.

Can't go wrong, I'm picking up my 23' tomorrow too, so maybe see you at the shop
    Eddie
    East Central Florida

Redfish